PORT ROYAL PLANTATION FACTS
- Port Royal Plantation is the only private oceanside planned residential community on Hilton Head Island designed solely for residents and their guest’s enjoyment. Port Royal Plantation residents have access to the Island’s quietest beaches without the intrusion of commercial development, hotels, timeshares or weekly rentals inside the gates.
- Annual Property Owner Dues in 2015 are $1,498 for homeowners and $1,304 for home site owners. All owners have access to the amenities listed below for their use and enjoyment.
- There are no community transfer fees and golf club membership is not required for property purchases in Port Royal Plantation.
- There are approximately 886 single family homes and 84 undeveloped home sites. Home sites range in size from 1/4 acre to well over an acre. There are approximately 1,024 acres in Port Royal Plantation.
- The Plantation is situated on some of the highest ground on the island with many locations above flood level elevation. It is rich in natural beauty with canopies of moss-laden oak trees, palms and lush tropical plantings throughout.
- Port Royal Plantation homes have the benefit of numerous views including fresh water lagoons, manicured golf courses, salt water estuaries, Port Royal Sound and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Homes listed for sale generally range in price from the upper $400,000’s to multi-millions. Diversity in style ranges from beach side bungalows of yesteryear to newly built.
- Port Royal Plantation is also rich with history and boasts two major Civil War sites and the site of the Spanish American War steam gun. All are well marked along with the history of the sites.
- Private access within the Plantation to the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean and Port Royal Sound are available to all residents and their guests at multiple locations along the ocean and the sound.
- Three challenging golf courses are nestled within the community along with a centrally located gracious southern style clubhouse. In addition to the golf courses, the golf club amenities include - driving range - putting green - croquet green - and dining.
- Membership to the golf club is not mandatory for home ownership, (special daily golf rates are available for non member residents) yet Port Royal Residents are encouraged to join and enjoy the camaraderie of club membership. The club offers membership plans tailored to the residents needs, whether a full time resident or 2nd home owner.
- The Port Royal Beach House and adjacent Olympic sized swimming pool and kiddie’s pool overlooks the Port Royal Sound and includes access to a beautiful quiet beach for all residents and their guests.
- Four tennis courts, two of which are lit, are available for all residents and their guests.
- Miles of paved leisure trails wind throughout the community.
- A well marked arboretum is centrally located for nature lovers.
- Yard debris is removed weekly from residents’ homes to keep the plantation pristine.
- The gate house is staffed with 24 hour security with frequent daily patrolling of the entire Plantation by the security staff.
- Individual house checks are available by request when residents are out of town.
- The Westin Resort, the only 4 star hotel on the island, and its amenities is within walking distance of the plantation.
- The beach house hosts many social events for the community throughout the year including an annual "Snowflake Ball" in January, "Low Country Boil" in summer, and November's "Festival Italiano". The beach house is available for residents for private parties, weddings and other special occasions.
- A ladies Friday Morning Coffee is held weekly rotating in the private homes of residents.
- A men’s Friday Lunch Group is held weekly at the golf club restaurant.
- Numerous social clubs meetings and events are held at the Beach House.
- Invited guest speakers often provide informative and entertaining evening lectures at the Beach House.
- Exercise classes and water aerobics are offered year round.